COMPETITION INFO 2016
Competition days: 10th September (Saturday) - 15th September 2016 (Thursday)
Reserve day: 16th September 2016 (Friday)*
* We will use reserve day in case of less than three valid tasks will be flown before reserve day.
SerialCUP is paragliding cross-country competition for pilots flying serial wings up to EN-C class (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C). Event is primarily designed for pilots already achieving cross-country flights wishing to increase their range of skills, distances flown and their understanding of the sky and competition tactics.
Tolmin, Slovenia. Take offs Kobala and Lijak. The HQ of the competition will be at campsite and paragliding center CAMP GABRJE in Tolmin.
The competition is open for 110 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C). Registrations will be accepted on the first come first serve basis. Our main goal is to prepare the competition appropriate for pilots flying lower EN classes wings, with less competition experiences. Tasks will be less demanding as at the regular competitions, fully explained at the briefings.
SerialCUP is not ordinary cross-country competition! We will invite 3 top paragliding competition pilots. They will compete with you - flying CEN B/LTF 1-2 wings. This way you will have unique opportunity to fly with the champions, learn from their tactics decisions and improving your knowledge and skills. After the tasks we will analyze the tasks with them, and most important, each of them will prepare theory lesson for all competitors. All those 3 theory lessons are included in the competition entry fee. Check it out some of our previous lectures available online.
COMPETITION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- - Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- - IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- - Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- - Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- - Unmodified and certified paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC). Gliders purchased more than two years before event need valid tehnical check sticker!
- - Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone.
PRIZES & AWARDS:
Trophies for top 3 pilots in all categories:
- OVERALL RANKING - all pilots, invited top 3 pilots included,
- SPORT CUP - pilots with gliders up to EN-C, without invited top 3 pilots,
- FUN CUP - pilots with gliders up to EN-B without invited top 3 pilots,
- FEMALE CUP - female pilots
- JUNIOR CUP - pilots up to 28 years
It needs to be at least 3 pilots in the category in order to deliver trophies.
Practical awards (value more than 1.000 €) will be delivered to the pilots by lottery among all competitors.
Competition is full, payments are closed.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
- Prizes for lottery
- Daily lectures and tasks debriefs
- Live tracking
PAYMENT AND REFUND RULES
- - In case of cancellation more than 30 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- - In case of cancellation less than 30 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the other part of the entry fee - 10€ for transaction costs and work.
- - Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- - In case of organiser cancellation of the event based on weather prediction the organiser will keep 15 € per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.