COMPETITION INFO 2019
SERIAL CUP 2019 IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE WEATHER.
Competition days: 2nd September (Monday) - 7th September 2019 (Saturday) + reserve day 8th September 2019
We will use reserve day in case less than four valid tasks will be flown before reserve day.
SerialCUP is paragliding cross-country competition for pilots flying serial wings up to EN-C class (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C). Event is primarily designed for pilots already achieving cross-country flights wishing to increase their range of skills, distances flown and their understanding of the sky and competition tactics.
Tolmin, Slovenia. Take offs Kobala and Lijak. The HQ of the competition will be at campsite and paragliding center CAMP GABRJE in Tolmin.
The competition is open for 120 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C). Among registered pilots we will select 120 pilots. Priority goes to:
- FUTURE HEROES (YOUNG PILOTS) - 15 pilots (age priority, ascending)
- SLOVENIAN PILOTS - 27 pilots (age priority, ascending)
- LUCKY STRIKE (LOTTERY) - 20 pilots
- SPONSORED PILOTS - pilots flying gliders from our sponsors: 20 pilots (lottery)
- BEST PILOTS - wprs selection: 15 pilots
- REGULAR COMPETITORS - organisers selection: 10 pilots
- NEW FACES - organisers selection: 10 pilots
- TOP PILOTS - 3 pilots
SerialCUP is not ordinary cross-country competition! We will invite 3 top paragliding competition pilots. They will compete with you - flying EN B wings. This way you will have unique opportunity to fly with the champions, learn from their tactics decisions and improving your knowledge and skills. After the tasks we will analyze the tasks with them, and most important, each of them will prepare theory lesson for all competitors. All those 3 theory lessons are included in the competition entry fee. Check it out some of our previous lectures available online.
COMPETITION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- - Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- - IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- - Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- - Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- - Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid proof of airworthiness (valid tehnical check if gliders is older than 2 years), you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range!!!
PRIZES & AWARDS:
Trophies for top 3 pilots in all categories:
- OVERALL RANKING - all pilots, invited top 3 pilots included,
- SPORT CUP - pilots with gliders up to EN-C, without invited top 3 pilots,
- FUN CUP - pilots with gliders up to EN-B without invited top 3 pilots,
- FEMALE CUP - female pilots, without invited top 3 pilots,
- JUNIOR CUP - pilots up to 28 years, without invited top 3 pilots,
It needs to be at least 5 pilots in the category in order to deliver trophies.
Practical awards (value more than 1.000€) will be delivered to the pilots by lottery among all competitors.
- 185€ (pre-payment 85€ + 100€)
Discount 20€ for young pilots below 28 years old! (pre-payment + 80€)
Payment is possible by paypal or by bank transfer.
Bank transfer details:
Športni klub Lep oblak, Gradišče 7, SI-1360 Vrhnika, EU-Slovenia
IBAN: SI56 1010 0004 9806 973
Bank details: Banka Koper d.d., Pristaniška ulica 14, SI-6502 Koper, EU-Slovenia
More details about the event will follow soon.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
- Prizes for lottery
- Lectures and tasks debriefs
- Live tracking
PAYMENT AND REFUND RULES:
- - In case of cancellation more than 30 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- - In case of cancellation less than 30 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- - Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- - Postponing the comp to reserve days: If you are unable to attend the reserve days, we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- - In case of organiser cancellation of the event based on weather prediction we will keep 40€ per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.