COMPETITION INFO 2021
Competition days: 24th August (Tuesday) - 29th August (Sunday) + reserve day 30th August (Monday)
We will use reserve day in case less than four valid tasks will be flown before reserve day.
SerialCUP is paragliding cross-country competition for pilots flying serial wings up to EN-C class (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C). Event is primarily designed for pilots already achieving cross-country flights wishing to increase their range of skills, distances flown and their understanding of the sky and competition tactics.
Tolmin, Slovenia. Take offs Kobala and Lijak. The HQ of the competition will be at campsite and paragliding center CAMP GABRJE in Tolmin.
The competition is open for 110 pilots, flying certified wings (EN/LTF A, EN/LTF B, EN/LTF C).
If you wish to join the event, sign in until 17.07.2021
Pilots selection list will be announced after 18.07.2021.
Pilots selection (priority):
- RANDOM SELECTION - LOTTERY PICK UP (40 places)
- WPRS selection (20 places)
- SLOVENIAN PILOTS (10 places)
- NOVA PILOTS - pilots flying Nova gliders (20 places)
- JUNIOR PILOTS - selection by age (10 places)
- SERIAL CUP LEGENDS, TEAM - pilots who participated in the past, selected by organiser (10 places)
If there will be still some available spots, we will select additional pilots by another lottery pick up.
SerialCUP is not ordinary cross-country competition. Pilots are not alllowed to fly with EN-D or CCC gliders. Beside flying the tasks we will do task debriefs and lectures by top competition pilots in the evenings. Check it out our previous lectures available online.
COMPETITION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- - Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
- - IPPI card level 5 - if you dont have it contact us by mail
- - Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- - Third party liability insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- - Unmodified and certified helmet (EN 966), harness (EN 1651), and paraglider (EN 926/2 or CCC), rescue parachute, VHF radio & mobile phone. Your glider must have valid proof of airworthiness (valid tehnical check if gliders is older than 2 years), you need to fly the glider inside certified weight range!!!
PRIZES & AWARDS:
Trophies for top 3 pilots in all categories:
- OVERALL RANKING - all pilots, invited top pilots included,
- FUN CUP - pilots with gliders up to EN-B without invited top pilots,
- FEMALE CUP - female pilots, without invited top pilots,
- JUNIOR CUP - pilots up to 28 years, without invited top pilots,
- MASTER CUP - pilots above 50 years, without invited top pilots,
It needs to be at least 5 pilots in the category in order to deliver trophies.
Practical awards (value more than 1.000€) will be delivered to the pilots by lottery among all competitors.
- 195€ (pre-payment 85€ + 110€)
Discount 20€ for young pilots below 25 years old! (pre-payment + 90€)
Payment is possible by paypal or by bank transfer.
Payment instructions will be sended to selected pilots by mail after selection.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
- Transport & retrieval,
- Take off fees,
- Maps with turnpoints,
- Daily lunch packets,
- Goal beer,
- Prizes & awards for winners
- Food & drink coupons,
- Alternative program.
- Prizes for lottery
- Lectures and tasks debriefs
- Live tracking
PAYMENT AND REFUND RULES:
- - In case of cancellation more than 30 days before planned competition days we will refund you all the entry fee - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- - In case of cancellation less than 30 days before competition we will not refund you the pre-payment. If you paid full payment in the registration process, we will refund you the value over pre-payment - 5€ for transaction costs and work.
- - Change of pilots: You can change your place with some other pilots until 5 days before event. Later this is not an option anymore, we need some time to prepare everything for the competition. We have some work with each change, price for the changing name of the competitor is 5€.
- - In case of organiser cancellation of the event based on weather prediction we will keep 30€ per pilot for covering organising costs, transaction costs and work, all other part of payments will be refunded to the pilots.